- The New York Times has published the negative reviews of the two latest anti-Hillary books that I blogged about last night. They can be found here and here.
- Joe Conason, an outstanding columnist linked to on our blogroll, also pans the two hit pieces in his column at Salon.
- Greg Sargent has a great catch of a Boston Herald smear of Senator Clinton that was picked up by the Drudge Report.
Matt Drudge is pushing a story today from the Boston Herald that tries to suggest that Hillary Clinton has had some "work" done on her face. The paper's story has "before and after" photos on line that purport to demonstrate this, with the "before" photo showing the skin on Hillary's face to be somewhat less than smooth, and the "after" photo showing her to be smooth-faced.
There's a small problem, though. It turns out that the "before" photo was actually taken after the after one, meaning that her smooth-faced look preceded her less-smooth-faced look.
- A recent poll that shows Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in a dead heat for the Democratic nomination has been receiving some attention. However, Mark Blumenthal at Pollster.com notes that the poll is clearly an outlier, as demonstrated by this graph.
- Speaking of polls, there's a new one (pdf.) out from Franklin Pierce College that surveyed New Hampshire residents following the debate on Sunday. The poll has Clinton blowing away the competition in the eyes of Granite State voters.